The 27 Hole Ted Robinson designed course at The Rancho Las Palmas Country Club has been a Rancho Mirage golf favorite for decades. The course is broken into three distinctive nines – West, South and North – with each offering a different playing experience.
West Course Overview
The Best of Everything! True Championship Golf! The most challenging course hosts one of the Coachella Valleys longest par 5′s at 645 yards. Combined with the stunning ambiance playing through the heart of the resort, the West Course is what golf vacation is all about.”
- Travis Way, Head Professional
1. 425 yard par 4 – A slight draw around the trees of this left dogleg should leave you with a clear shot. A bunker guards the right side of the green, leaving a small opening on the left side.
Tip: Make sure you aim this one left off the tee to the open fairway.
2. 235 yard par 3 – This par 3 is one of the longest in the desert, distance is the key here. Although the official distance is 235, it feels more like 250 yards of straight fairway fun.
Tip: Pull out the big guns; hitting into the wind will likely take away some of your yardage.
3. 645 yard par 5 – Our longest hole on the course! Take aim at the left side of the fairway on the tee shot, with the correct placement you should end up in a good position for two long straight shots up to the small elevated green.
Tip: Make your approach from the right side of the fairway on your second and third shots to avoid the surrounding bunkers.
4. 347 yard par 4 - A 230 yard shot with a slight fade will give you the ideal approach to the green. This green is well protected with bunkers on all sides.
Tip: Use a 3 wood or driver aiming towards the right of the fairway, don’t drive it too far or you’ll end up in someone’s backyard!
5. 284 yard par 4 – Risk reward hole! For the daring player with the ability to drive 270 yards over two water hazards, this hole will leave you with an eagle opportunity. For those of us who aren’t quite as daring, hit it about 220 yards to the water’s edge in front of the green and then pitch it over the second water hazard onto the green.
Tip: This hole has a lot of water; hit an iron off the tee leaving yourself with an easy wedge shot onto the green.
6. 129 yard par 3 – This is one of the most fun par 3’s in the desert. Precision is the key as this hole is lined with palm trees, blocked by water and surrounded by two bunkers; one bunker in the back and one on the left side.
Tip: Take more club than you think, better to be a little far than in the water.
7. 481 yard par 5 – Being our shortest par 5, this hole allows for a great birdie opportunity. Just be careful of the two bunkers on the right side of the fairway, both are intentionally placed to catch balls straying a little to the right.
Tip: Hit the left side of the fairway, this will eliminate all bunker danger.
8. 177 yard par 3 – This par 3 requires a great shot to a very small green. Do your best to avoid the deep bunker to the left and water in front of the green.
Tip: Aim for the right side of the green to avoid the hungry bunker on the left.
9. 404 yard par 4 - A soft fade around the trees will leave you with the perfect look to the narrow opening of the green. Too far left and trees will guard the green, too far right and you will be forced to shoot over water.
Tip: Land on left side of the fairway to leave yourself with a good approach.
To book a tee time at our beautiful Rancho Las Palmas Country Club call:
760.862.4551 ext 2